Re: [OM] [OT] Large churches in UK [Was: A shot with higher dilution for

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Large churches in UK [Was: A shot with higher dilution for contrast control]
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2012 11:10:30 -0400
Some, such as St. Giles Cathedral in Edinburg, do not allow use of
cameras with or without tripods.  I suspect the reason is to prevent
hundreds of tourists from taking pictures with flash.  Most don't know
how to turn the flash off and will not get good photos with or without
the flash anyhow.  But perhaps St. Giles is the exception.  I don't
recall seeing photography forbidden signs in other churches.  But then
again we didn't visit many.

Chuck Norcutt