Re: [OM] IMG: Results of Two-Month Drouth

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Results of Two-Month Drouth
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 21:14:28 -0400
Same drought here in South Carolina.  We keep seeing chances of scattered
afternoon thunderstorms, but you can watch the weather map and they all
split and go around York County.  We have had almost no rain in 4 months.
 I'm keeping my tomatoes, eggplants, peppers, blueberries, blackberries,
grapes, pears, and apples alive by spending one day a week watering them.
 We have a well that I hope holds out and a pond that the ducks and geese
appreciate!

The temperature was 103 for most of the afternoon today.

We may have to switch to Central American crops like mangoes and bananas if
this keeps up!!

Tina

--
Tina Manley, ASMP