Re: [OM] Northern Flicker

Subject: Re: [OM] Northern Flicker
From: Paul Laughlin <pelaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2012 17:40:27 -0700
Thanks for looking, Chuck.  As I said, in a reply to Jim, I had checked
the Sibley book and found that the red malar (cheek to me) indicates the
male.  Those cracks in the walk are filled with gunk and moss.  There is
some green on his beak, that I just figured was probably moss or such.
I guess that he is after grubs or such in them.  He comes around every
once in a while.
Paul in Portland OR