Re: [OM] Northern Flicker

Subject: Re: [OM] Northern Flicker
From: Paul Laughlin <pelaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2012 12:36:22 -0700
Thanks, Rick.  Actually, he was very busy.  Pecking around in those
grooves in the walk.  I was shooting in bursts at 5 frames per sec, and
managed to salvage 5 or 6 out of 46 frames.
The camera is set up on a tripod at a window, on an AC adapter so that I
can leave it turned on all the time.  In manual focus and prefocused on
a strategic spot so that I can fire with the remote shutter release.
For the Flicker, I saw him land on the walk and went to the camera,
switched to AF, full zoom aimed and started shooting bursts.  There is
no way I can get that kind of shot shooting single shots. LOL  The birds
just keep moving around and so quick.
Paul in Portland OR