[OM] EVF's etc - was Sunday

Subject: [OM] EVF's etc - was Sunday
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 20:04:47 -0400 (EDT)
> You might have noticed that although Canons new G1X sensor contained
> phase-optimized pixels, they still re-issued the 18-135mm lens with a
new
> motor type. This could be an indication that the Canon
> coming mirror-less camera with a G1X sensor needs this kind of motor
> achieve fast focusing.
>
> Best, Frank.

Interesting--thanks. Rumor mills have this cam to appear within the
next few months.  I have trouble believing with the G1x sensor the IQ
will surpass or equal the OM-D.  Oly really put out a good one though
the menus/manual
seem inscrutable if not well rested.

 From all indications  FF Canyon lenses should work on the new
mirror-less--how well remains to be seen.  Bo Ming's fancy shmancy
Canyon auto-aperture adapter for NEX is out but he wasn't impressed how
the lenses optimized  for PD AF worked on NEX but didn't have AF
debugged enough to put it on the adapter last I checked.  He thought it
wasn't any great loss in fact.

Mike