Re: [OM] EVF's etc - was Sunday

Subject: Re: [OM] EVF's etc - was Sunday
From: "List, OM" <om-list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 11:04:57 -0700
The OM-D with the m4/3 12-50 seems to be faster to focus than the E3 with
the 14-54. Comparing the two isn't straight forward for me. The 12-50 on
the OM-D focuses silently. The 14-54 on the E3 is easily heard. I think the
sound is affecting my judgement. In normal lighting at least, the OM-D
focuses m4/3 lenses very quickly and silently.
I doubt the m4/3 lenses contain any magic to get the quick focusing but the
4/3 lenses sound like they are stepping towards focus rather than making a
continuous adjustment. I would bet the software in the OM-D just doesn't
recognize a 4/3 lens as something it knows anything about. If Olympus came
out with what they deem a professional m4/3 camera, they would probably add
the little bit of software it would take to make their high end 4/3 lenses
work just fine.

If you use m4/3 lenses, the focus speed of the OM-D is one of its
advantages.

Jeff Keller