Re: [OM] B&W Lily

Subject: Re: [OM] B&W Lily
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2012 22:19:52 -0500
> What, you don't remember all of AG's blathers about obscure techniques? :-)

It's hardly an obscure technique. There are even books published on the subject.

> ''A hybrid approach to B&W is to shoot digitally, edit and then output to
> transparency material for making contact
> prints in the darkroom. In the medium term, I'm heading that direction, but
> for the time being, I still prefer to expose
> B&W film."  1/2005

I still prefer to expose B&W film. 7/2012

> 'I will be starting construction of my new darkroom before too long and will
> be implementing a calibrated "digital
> contact negative" system. What this will allow me to do is take any digital
> file and make a true silver-gelatin B&W
> print from it."  2/2008

We had moved. The condo we moved into wasn't darkroom friendly. The
house we've been living in for the past year is only marginally so.
The house we are buying, is. The new darkroom construction project is
DCN friendly. 7/2012

> Unflattering Moose

No problem. A funny thing happened along the way. Life. A couple job
changes for both my wife and I and two moves kinda delayed the
darkroom project. One more move later this month and I'm hoping to get
settled in.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx