Re: [OM] About That Storm

Subject: Re: [OM] About That Storm
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2012 16:57:46 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

> Do you think the power outage in Washington, DC, plus the 100+
> temperatures will convince anybody that global warming may be
> consideration in their future?

     I doubt it.  They'll simply dismiss it and say that it happens all the
time, and most people will simply believe it.  We've been getting that down
here for over 12 years, telling us that every storm flow in the summer is a
typical, normal monsoon.  Best example was a few years ago when a huge high
pressure system covered the entire intermountain region and we had afternoon
thunderstorms coming at us from the opposite direction of normal.

     Just last week we had a local weathr forecaster point at a map and renamed
our typical Four Corners High as the Bermuda High, which is a North Atlantic
seasonal climate feature.  Probably from the same school as another local
forecaster who did not know the difference between Yemen and Yucatan.

Chris