Re: [OM] Tina's B&W photos

Subject: Re: [OM] Tina's B&W photos
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 20:12:14 -0400
Going totally against the, ah, grain here, I suppose my question would be this:
Why spend a large portion of your life scanning 500,000 images from the past
rather than heading out to shoot 500,000 more?

It's not as flip a question as it might at first seem. You have the slides. You
have the negatives. Methods exist for preservation. Preserve and protect and
move on. If it's that important, surely someone can find a grant to hire
professional "scanners" to digitalize your work and let you get on with the
very real business at hand, which is doing what you're best at: TAKING PICTURES!

My humble contrarian opinion, worth _exactly_ what you paid for it. <g>

--Bob