Re: [OM] IMG: More Skippers

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: More Skippers
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 21:48:24 -0400
Diffraction, not refraction.  Anyhow I think the answer is yes but I
don't have specs on the exposure increase for your lens when fully extended.

Refraction is the bending of light caused by slowing down or speeding up
as the light beam enters a material of different refractive index.  As
light passes from air to glass it slows down and its path is bent.
Diffraction is the bending of light as it passes around an obstruction
such as the edges of the lens cell retaining the glass or the edges of
the diaphragm blades.

Chuck Norcutt