Re: [OM] Poppies

Subject: Re: [OM] Poppies
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 16:33:49 -0500
My grandfather too, though he never, fortunately, needed to be shipped
over there during his army years.  I have a photo of him driving a
motorcycle with a sidecar.  I have a photo of my other grandfather on
his Indian too.  The motorcycle gene seemed to skip a generation but
kicked in again with me.

Joel W.

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012, at 08:57 AM, Bob Whitmire wrote:
> Know the feeling. I want to visit Verdun some day. I have photographs
> around here somewhere of my grandfather, who was a motorcycle messenger
> in WWI, at Verdun.
>
> --Bob
>

> On Jun 19, 2012, at 1:50 AM, Chris Barker wrote:
>
> > Yes, poppies are evocative.  I might be going on a battlefield tour in
> > France this summer, as part of our education of our undergraduates.  I hope
> > that it's to Normandy, although it gets me emotional every time.

                          or over the web