Re: [OM] IMG: Destructive Pest, the Japanese Beetle

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Destructive Pest, the Japanese Beetle
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 14:48:30 -0500
Hi Charlie,

My adjoining neighbor tried the traps, and we both concluded that all he did
was attract more beetles to the neighborhood.  There were always plenty on
the plants.

We also tethered June Bugs in Mississippi in the 1930s.  As I recall, they
were larger than the Japanese beetles that we see today.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA