Re: [OM] IMG: Au Jardin d'Alice, one more ... MOOSE

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Au Jardin d'Alice, one more ... MOOSE
From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 12:40:01 +0200
Le 20 juin 12 à 12:25, Moose a écrit :

> On 6/20/2012 12:42 AM, philippe.amard wrote:
>> Oh yes, you've done a nice accurate job Moose, thanks.
>>
>> I'll stick to my personal interpretation as to the colours for the
>> ultra light purple/magenta in the center still remains a distractor
>> and the smooth fuzziness of the lower petals doesn't really work with
>> the rest.
>
> Easy enough to make the center match the surrounding colors.
> Anything done with the back petals to downplay them tends
> to make the center look isolated, disconnected, but your trick of
> darkening and vignetting helps.
> <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Amard/Rose-straight-8553.htm
> >

>> I know you start from what the - sometimes faithful - sensor
>> recorded when I start from - often bad - memory ;-)
>> Call me artsy :-(
>
> Hi Artsy, how ya doin'?

Fine! Artsy thanks you :-)

Superb job Moose, and though we still miss that drop on the front
petal, left side, but it is true that we're playing a fool's game as
you're starting from a different take - I didn't want to lose my
adjustments and posted the next file, which is focussed slightly
differently - and of course from JPEG ...
BTW, would you like to play with the DNG?

I bow to your talents Sir :-)

Tricky Picky Ars(t)y Philippe