Re: [OM] IMG: Au Jardin d'Alice, one more ... CHUCK and Light

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Au Jardin d'Alice, one more ... CHUCK and Light
From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 10:56:24 +0200
Thanks Chuck,

You might be dispappointed, nothing special here during the "shoot" -
just yet another missed handheld snap I intended to "rescue". See near
original below - it is in fact the next file yet very similar in
rendition with less overcooked highlights but focussed a little closer
due to the wind ..

http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/314237-1/Rose-straight-8553.jpg

step1 from there : swear, curse self and camera manufacturer
# 2 : start from the highlights and try to get some colour in there,
by whatever means
#3 : adjust the reds so that they are in harmony with the centre -
tones, blacks, etc
#4 : get the distracting elements out by adding some vignetting
#5 : sharpen to taste
#6: fancy dress the whole in CS5

This is what I remember of the process - the real story may be
longer ... but the order is about right.
I basically used lightroom3 for convenience, but it could be done with
any post processing programme I guess.

Hope this helps

Bien cordialement de Metz, Lorraine
Philippe