Re: [OM] IMG: Faviana and Reymundo

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Faviana and Reymundo
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 08:34:48 -0400
Peter Krogh (The Dam Book) recommends In-Camera Scanning
http://www.thedambook.com/downloads/Camera_Scanning_Krogh.pdf
I've tried it with a Beseler Slide Duplicator and the IDMII Canon.  It does
fine for quick and easy but I get better results with the Nikon LS5000.
 Peter disagrees and says the camera scans are better.

Tina

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 5:06 AM, SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I managed to get a box of these mounts from my Father in law, my plan
> was/is to mount images in the OM slide copier/bellows  and then take
> pictures of them rather than scans, when I suggested doing this a few
> years ago it was seen as a bad idea due to the poor E1 sensor, I would
> like to try with the 5D2 now though to see if it will be sufficient in
> quality for my needs, just need to get a round tuit one day.
>
> IanW
>

> On 19/06/2012 02:33, Tina Manley wrote:
> > I'm using Gepe slide mounts for all of my scans which hold the film
> really
> > flat.  I've tried focusing on corners and center and it's so close
> there's
> > almost no difference.  I would be interested in better resolution!
> >
> > Tina
> >
> > On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 7:41 PM, Robert Adler <rgacpa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >

> --

Tina Manley, ASMP