Re: [OM] Abandoned Log Cabin

Subject: Re: [OM] Abandoned Log Cabin
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 16:03:55 -0400
It's pretty amazing how well these old log structures hold up with no
maintenance. I saw one in the Fontana Village area of NC that was
constructed of American Chestnut in the 1840's IMSMC. I'm sure it was being
looked after but no preservatives were needed for the log walls. What a
tragedy to lose that species of tree.

Charlie