Re: [OM] IMG: Faviana and Reymundo

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Faviana and Reymundo
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 15:02:39 -0700
On 6/14/2012 3:27 AM, Donald wrote:
> On 14/06/2012 08:41, SwissPace wrote:
>> When I first got my V700 I a did a bit of scanning - most if not all of
>> these are kodachromes (apart from the skiing ones) either 64 or 200
>> there is also a couple of comparison scans of the v700 and coolscan V on
>> the first page.
>>
>> Here's a link to the gallery,
>>
>> <http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/My-MAIN-gallery/V700-scans/1277283_4JPhS7#!i=60888519&k=QabuP>
>>
> Love the tap-dancing rhino..!

Oh, I had skipped these as tech examples for two scanners I don't, and won't,
have. As a gallery, I quite like the
eclectic nature.

The 100% comparison of the two scanners is not unlike my results overall with
FS4000 film scanner and 9950F flatbed,
except the 9950F makes slightly bigger images than the FS4000. The flatbed is
fine for all but very large or careful
work, but in spite of the lower nominal resolution, the film scanner is simply
better in resolving detail.

Rhino Bob Moose