Re: [OM] IMG: Faviana and Reymundo

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Faviana and Reymundo
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 14:06:01 -0700
On 6/14/2012 7:48 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
> I know Moose is chomping at the bit to Moosify your pictures, but I don't
> think we're really any where near that point
> yet. We've got an underlying issue to figure out first.

I think you partially mis-read me. You are talking to THE Tina Manley, and I
suppose it is nice that you are trying to
protect us from each other. :-)

I don't know any THE Tina Manley, nor, for that matter, any THE Ted Grant. I
had never heard of either person before
they joined up here and introduced themselves.

The Tina Manley* I know slightly now is someone who introduced herself here and
specifically mentioned that one of her
reasons for joining was for comments on and help in improving her images. I've
tried to oblige, to the extent that I
thought I had something to contribute.

That's no more, nor less, than I generally do for anybody's images posted here.
My only prejudices in choosing which
images to play with are, primarily, images that I like, and think I could like
better, and occasional images that
present what I consider interesting technical challenges.

I know that I feel called to improve images I like. How much of my motivation
is to toot my own PP horn and how much
simple desire to help others improve their work is not something on which I may
be qualified to render an objective
opinion. :-)

As to automatic rendering of respect and/or deference to folks based on
reputation or hearsay - well, that ain't my way.
I had to compromise sometimes to maintain an income stream, but even so was
occasionally in trouble. Only competence in
some small, but crucial area and or friendship/respect from those in high
places who appreciate an iconoclast saved me
more than once. :-)   Now my life and income don't depend on the opinions of
others. So now I may call 'em, gently, I
hope, creatively, with luck, as I see 'em.

A cook's only as good as the pudding. Based on the small sample of Tina's work
I've had time to digest, she appears to
be a pretty good cook. If I can in any way help her get even better, in some
corner or other of her work, that will
please me.

Fortunately, the underlying issue with this particular image has been nicely
resolved.

Gourmet Moose

* Don't take all this, while true, as entirely about you and your images. Ken
and I have a history or several ... :-)