Re: [OM] IMG: Les Baux-de-Provence - Scan-Grain-Noise, etc

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Les Baux-de-Provence - Scan-Grain-Noise, etc
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 14:04:48 -0500
On Thu, Jun 14, 2012, at 06:22 AM, David Young wrote:
> I know billboards are meant to be viewed from large distances, but I
> never
> dreamt that a 4/3 camera would be sufficient!
>
> Does anyone here have experience with doing billboards with a 35mm (or
> equivalent) camera?

Not I.  I wonder if the assumption that larger format would be better is
as valid as it seems?

I am still trying to wrap my mind around a principle I learned about
picking an appropriate resolution for a TV.  Pick it by the viewing
distance.  720 pixels might be OK if you are far enough away.  If you
are up closer, you will be unhappy with anything less than 1080p, unless
the screen size is fairly small.

You might be able to shoot it with a Holga!

Joel W.

                          or over the web