Re: [OM] IMG: Les Baux-de-Provence - Scan-Grain-Noise, etc

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Les Baux-de-Provence - Scan-Grain-Noise, etc
From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 06:22:39 -0700

> Please sit back a yard or two from screen if you click on the
> double rectangle to view it large.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Doulce+France/Provence-
> 0876-43.jpg.html

G'Mornin' Philippe!

Very interesting use of your "pointilistic" technique. And I rather like it.

Your image looks even better, at about 5 yards (meters) distance.

All of which makes me wonder... I was approached, yesterday, by our town.  They
want a photo to be used on a billboard.  I deferred to someone with a Leica S2
or anything in the MF realm, for the job.  They called me back, saying they'd
spoken with the billboard firm and were advised that a 10mp image would be
sufficient!

I know billboards are meant to be viewed from large distances, but I never
dreamt that a 4/3 camera would be sufficient!

Does anyone here have experience with doing billboards with a 35mm (or
equivalent) camera?

Many thanks.
David.