Re: [OM] Welcome, Tina!

Subject: Re: [OM] Welcome, Tina!
From: Robert Adler <rgacpa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 21:22:54 -0700
Sorry, I'm not that Bob; is Bob your Uncle? (sorry, couldn't resist...).
I'm Bob from account temps...

As to the image, if you remember the movie '60s movie *The Time Machine*,
that pic was taken in October of 802,701. It's the breathing pipes for the
Morlocks. :-)

Actually it's an art installation in Byxbie Park in Palo Alto, CA. The
clouds just seemed to line up for me and I was lucky enough to be there.
It's on an estuary of the SF Bay.

I currently have 2 camera kits; one is a Leica M9 glued to a f1 Noctilux
(though other lenses make in onto the body occasionally). I just got this
kit over the last 6 months. The other is a medium format kit (the one which
the "pipes" image was taken with). Phase One P45+ digital back on an Alpa
system. So I have no Oly gear, but I do love photography and have heard
there are some fine image makers on this list. Hopefully that is OK...

For landscapes I tend to be a wide angle, scheimpflug kind of shooter. Love
the near far stuff.

Thanks for looking at the image, Chuck. And nice to meet you.
Bob

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 7:31 PM, Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> wrote:

> Hey, are you the Uncle Bob we've just been talking about?  Welcome, Bob.
>  Sorry, I just couldn't resist that one.  I very much like your image
> but can't figure out what it is.  I thought at first it was a landfill
> with vent pipes sticking out but then I realized the "pipes" look too
> much like wooden posts.
>
> What do you shoot with and what brought you to a what is nominally an
> Olympus themed list?
>
> Chuck Norcutt
>

> On 6/8/2012 10:06 PM, Bob Adler wrote:
> > As I just joined today also, I thought I'd ride in on Tina's and
> > Ted's "Welcome" coattails (I should be so lucky and live so long!)
> > and introduce myself.
> >
> >> From what I've been reading this is quite a knowledgable gathering
> >> of photographers who don't pull any punches when critiquing work.
> >> I'm hoping to add some value where I can and, most importantly ,
> >> learn and absorb.
> >
> > I'm an amateur photographer (though I've sold a few) who loves to
> > shoot landscapes when my day job doesn't interfere. When my job
> > interferes, I dream of being out shooting and buy gear!  I also tend
> > to do some family shots, but for loosing myself, it's all about
> > landscapes... Some of my images are here if any are interested:
> > http://www.rgaphoto.com
> >
> > Hopefully I'm not breaking any protocols with this back door intro.
> > Best, Bob
> >
> > Bob Adler Redwood City, CA
> >
> > On Jun 8, 2012, at 6:17 PM, Tina Manley<images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote: