Re: [OM] Welcome, Tina!

Subject: Re: [OM] Welcome, Tina!
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2012 22:08:01 -0400
Tina's got it right, Dr. Ted.  Shoot raw all the time or maybe raw+JPEG
if your camera supports it.  If you shoot raw only then batch convert
the raw files to JPEG after downloading to the computer.  It they're all
just peachy keen you're good to go.  But if there are one or two bad
apples in there you've got the raw files to do exposure or color balance
corrections or whatever you desire.  Should you discover a diamond in
the rough in those happy snaps you just might want to go back and custom
tweak everything.  Shooting JPEGs is kinda like shooting Polaroid
prints... well, not really, but you get the picture (pun intended).  :-)

Chuck Norcutt