Re: [OM] Zone-10 on the loose

Subject: Re: [OM] Zone-10 on the loose
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 09:02:12 -0500
> Good luck Ken with your web changes and even more so with your business
> ambitions. Since most purchases lead to a new page couldn't the ecommerce
> could be separate from the main web site software? My only experience is
> that a wordpress site doesn't have to be all wordpress or even just one
> wordpress install.

That is true. However, any time that I can keep things within one
environment the better it is for maintenance and upgrade purposes.
Especially with mobilization. I am wanting to get it down to the point
where the template is fully changeable without affecting other things.
I want to make all my changes in just one place. When the plugins
utilize the CMS template, it makes life a lot easier--provided that
they are written properly.

I seriously looked at Wordpress. I've built a couple other sites out
of it and it's a very fast and easy way to get a site launched. I'm
pretty good with Wordpress, but there are some things I'm wanting to
do that cause me to roadblock with it. It's not that you can't do
something, but you have to detour a long ways around.

Not seen by the general consumer of the website is the other business
apps running behind the scenes that allows me to create accounts,
invoices and orders right from my cellphone. Most of the good business
apps like that are all Drupal.

I keep harping on it, but mobilization is critical. Whether I can pull
this off as a one-lunger is another issue, but the fact is, I have to
switch systems and reorganize the business no matter what. I'm
currently going through the desert on a horse with no legs.

AG