Re: [OM] News from the playing field

Subject: Re: [OM] News from the playing field
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 11:37:03 -0500
Thanks for the update and encouragement, Bill. Some of us need this
kick in the shorts once in a while.

Part of my own transition along this photographic journey (no surgury
required) is that I came to the realization that landscape photography
sucks. Boring. I really am not interested in making "sofa art"
anymore. I've been experimenting a bit with mixed media and am getting
kinda excited about it. I've shown a few sample projects off and to
the general public there is a typical shrug of the shoulders and a "I
don't get it."  Karen pretty much hates it. But to the artsy-fartsy
crowd, it seems to be getting a good reception.

A little encouragement does go a long ways.

Not that I've totally stopped doing lanscape photography, but I do
have the feeling of "been there, done that, continuing to do it just
for the money".

AG