Re: [OM] What were you shooting in 1970?

Subject: Re: [OM] What were you shooting in 1970?
From: "Peter Klein" <pklein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 14:14:28 -0700
In 1970 I shot with a Leica M2 and 50/2 DR Summicron. Which back then cost
me $250. A bit more than a mid-grade SLR cost back then, but not that much
more.

The M2 was sold to retire some college debt (wish I hadn't). I then shot
with a Leica IIIf for years.  The OM-2 came into my life in 1991, when the
IIIf was getting too expensive to maintain. I decided to go for the most
Leica M-like SLR I could find, and Olympus was it.

--Peter

> Cap pistols is also what came to my mind first;-)
>
> I became 7 in '70 en started photographing in '74 with agfamatic and soon
> after the Voigtlander vitorette from my father. Bought my first SLR (OM-1)
> in '77, followed by an OM-2n in '79 after I had my first holyday job.
>
> Wiliam

Canon