Re: [OM] Av with chipped adapters

Subject: Re: [OM] Av with chipped adapters
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 17:17:52 -0400
Let me suggest a simple manual process... assuming the light isn't
changing dramatically from second to second.  Before starting the
focus/exposure process outlined here, you first make a rough cut at the
manual exposure (meter with the lens stopped down and set the shutter
speed).  Now you have a manually set exposure that's close if not spot on.

Now start the process but instead of pressing the auto exposure lock
button in step 3 you just turn the front dial (shutter speed) a click or
two and that adjustment might not even be required. At most it will take
an extra second or two.

And I hope you've already set Custom Function #4 to "1" which will move
the AEL button from the "*" on the back to the half press of the shutter
button and the AF button becomes the "*".  That allows you to focus and
meter separately.

Chuck Norcutt