Re: [OM] Question for you experts

Subject: Re: [OM] Question for you experts
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2012 11:37:02 -0400
You are correct that a 4/3 sensor is a better fit to an 8x10... but only
if you also assume use of the full frame with no cropping.  You are also
correct about the "loss" of the extra pixels in a 2:3 format sensor...
if you are specifically targeting prints of a certain aspect ratio and
carefully frame every shot.

But you are incorrect to say that "Chuck says the OM-D needs to have
more pixels".  I have never said that nor would I... especially since
16MP is more than my 5D's 12.7MP.  :-)  Also, as I pointed out yesterday
from DPReview's testing of dynamic range the OM-D outdoes the 5D by
about a full stop.  Not too shabby.

Nothing wrong with the OM-D's sensor that I can see.  But I still want a
full frame sensor and it's only slightly related to pixel count and not
at all related to aspect ratio except insofar as the chosen body might
make best use of my existing lenses.

Chuck Norcutt