Re: [OM] (OM) Two new images on FB

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Two new images on FB
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 23:59:36 +1200
Thanks for your advice and comments, guys. I'll start paying attention to the
in-camera histogram now.

FastStone certainly has extreme difficulty with RAW files containing red.
RAW shots of scarlet oak were unbelievably blurry in FS.

I don't know that I'll be outlaying $100 US on any software any time soon.
Other things are of higher priority. Such as Mother's day ...On the other
hand, considering the obscenely high exchange rate that is given to our
dollar just now, 100 US  = 123.060 NZD.

Anyway, thanks for your forbearance.

And I'm a little way down the track of teaching myself watercolour painting ...
Hoping there'll be more money in it than there is in my kind of photography .

I still get to use my cameras though - go to the sites (landscape painting)
take good photos, run large prints off and interpret them using paint :-)

Watercolour is something of a challenge, but it doesn't depend on having
well-charged batteries.

I had a look at the OM-D EM-5 review at dpreview; seems it can be adapted
to use both Zuiko and DZ lenses, but its native jpeg files are somewhat less
sharp than could be wished for. Use of RAW, and of ACR (not the Oly
program) seem to be necessary if best resolution is desired. A few years
down the track, if ever, for me. A very comprehensive and large review.

Brian Swale.