Re: [OM] (OM) Two new images on FB

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Two new images on FB
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 00:13:50 +1200
I have added three more images at the bottom right of
http://tinyurl.com/827m9xm

Should be accessible to all.

Other than resizing to 720 pixels on the long side to meet facebook needs,
they have not been messed with except for the 160/2.8 shot was mildly
sharpened.

Note that the main shot of Mt Cook and Lake Pukaki was taken through the
window of a moving coach, midwinter..

offer -  pretty-much a restatement of comments posted at the bottom of the
pics.

The background hills and the sky etc are not blown out. That's how they
were, and a realistic representation of the scene would not endeavour to put
saturation where none existed. About 30 minutes, maybe less, the sky and
upper hills were blotted out by a snow-storm. The blue coloration is due to
high UV light intensity and in the cases of the shots across Lake Pukaki, the
distance to the subject.

I guess if you haven't experienced the clarity of the light here, you may find
it
difficult to believe.

With the horse/poplar shot I did boost the saturation. I noticed that if I did
so
it brought out reflected yellow from the brown coat of the horse, and I liked
that. Poetic licence in this case..

Brian Swale.