Re: [OM] Pres. Obama at the Univ of Iowa -- on-topic gear

Subject: Re: [OM] Pres. Obama at the Univ of Iowa -- on-topic gear
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 12:20:19 -0500
On Thu, Apr 26, 2012, at 11:02 AM, Bob Whitmire wrote:
> >From a pure image standpoint, I like the kid raised above the fray. Also
> >note the new dynamic of people surrounding POTUS, but instead of looking at
> >him, they're looking at their LCD screens. Interesting. Good job.

Thanks Bob.  The pep band played all kinds of stuff -- in fact, it was
really helpful at getting us through the ordeal.  But no "Hail to the
Chief."  Obama must have nixed that.

The people in the back of the podium had special tickets.  Two handlers
moved people around to make sure faces were not hidden, etc.

Yeah you had to wonder how many iPhones were lit up, especially right at
the beginning.  Once people got their shots, they mostly settled down to
listen.  I had no inclination to trade my camera for an iPhone for the
job, but my camera got pretty warm shooting in LV mode for so long, and
some of those captures got kind of noisy.

Joel W.