Re: [OM] IMG: Semana Santa 2012

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Semana Santa 2012
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 12:44:48 -0400
Wow. Good stuff. Quick and concise. I recall Klan meetings and cross burnings
during my childhood, but I don't recall the crosses being burned at the homes
of black people. They usual were burned in pastures being used for the Klan
meetings out in Edneyville. I was told that sometimes the number of law
enforcement personnel and government agents identifying the participants was
larger than the number of participants themselves. And this was in the early
and middle 1960s. As a Southerner born and bred, however, it is somewhat
refreshing to know that huge numbers of Klansmen live and act out outside the
South. <g>