[OM] Nathan's PAD 6/4/2012: Viernes Santo in Alicante

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 6/4/2012: Viernes Santo in Alicante
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 17:33:39 +0200
It is deeply ironic that on this, the most important day in the Christian
calendar, my wife, a Catholic, went to play padel and then have some beers with
her friends, while, an atheist Jew, went downtown to watch the procession
marking the sentencing of Jesus. Go figure. Of course, the real reason is that
there are pictures to be taken:

http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=1782200995&k=6SLQ9Hn&lb=1&s=O

These people prepare all year for this one day. In other parts of Spain the
Semana Santa has so far been ruined by rain, particularly in Seville where
people take it VERY seriously. But here in Alicante we are enjoying glorious
sunshine today, although it is a bit windy and on the cool side.

Much more to come.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain