[OM] AG's Mispelings

Subject: [OM] AG's Mispelings
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 08:45:16 -0500
> Right off the subject again, but how do you do your spelling, Ken?
> Every so often your spelling goes downhill, but most of the time it's perfect.
> What do you change in your habit that might cause this to happen?
> Note that I have not mentioned your spelling for about 3 years (I think).

I don't think it's been 3 years. That seems a bit lenient. My
reasoning for my incorrect spellings is legion. But I'll identify a
few of them.

1. Not all of my mail client screens have a spell checker. It's not in
this one right now, so the chances of an error are high.

2. Work/life stress as well as general weariness.

3. It makes those for whom English is not a native language feel more
comfortable contributing to this list because they don't have to fret
about getting the lanugage and spelling perfect.

4. Cramps.

5. I type like I speak. I'm constantly misspelling my words when
speaking. Fortunately, most people aren't aware of it.

6. Occasionally, I do it on purpose. Especially when I'm throwing
another irony on the fire.

On my work email client, I do have the spell-checker enabled 100% of
the time. Of course, that gets pretty interesting when typing
technical stuff and acronyms. Once in a while, after making sure the
spelling is correct, I'll go back and make sure there are no dangling
prepositions are sentences ending with a participle.

At least I get my apostrofees positioned right.

AG