[OM] OM 5DIII for Zuikos?

Subject: [OM] OM 5DIII for Zuikos?
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 19:10:02 -0400 (EDT)
It is an EXpensive modest upgrade it appears migrating from OM 5DII.
Why charging so much?

http://diglloyd.com/blog/2012/20120325_1-Canon5DM3.html

Not convinced on validity  on all the idiosyncratic concerns in the
above link.  Perhaps he has overactive sebaceous glands on his schnozz.
Zagg protector or Ghost Armour seem to diminish oil issues.

CW works for Canyon but screen  in 5DIII in alt users  hands on FM is
at least no worse than stock OM5DII.

"CW: The EOS 5D Mark III’s focusing screen has about the same overall
brightness and depth-of-field characteristics as the EOS 5D Mark II‘s
Eg-A standard focusing screen. This is a brighter screen than the Eg-S
with most lenses, but it does not depict depth of field accurately for
apertures wider than about f/4. Manual focusing accuracy using the
optical viewfinder is about the same, lens for lens, on the 5D Mark III
as it is on the 5D Mark II with an Eg-A focusing screen."

interview:
http://blog.planet5d.com/2012/03/questions-answered-for-the-canon-eos-5d-mark-iii-hdmi-video/

I'd say f4 accuracy is about right for the 5DII stock screen.

Check this out:
http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2012/03/d-resolution-tests

Sooo still get to charge $500 BUCKS MORE THAN D800?

On the other hand the VF is said to be a tad better and is 100%.  Early
opinion using MF  Zeiss glass on on AF assist  after microadjustment is
that it is now  very reliable.  Perhaps MA with Reikan software will be
much better.   He doesn't offer direct chipped adapter support, but I
see now reason why it can't be done relatively painlessly manually.  I
kinda like the dust mapping.  MA could be done on the chip with 5D
classic too of course.  AF is clearly much improved, but not a biggie
for me.

http://www.reikan.co.uk/focal/focal-13.html#DustAnalysis

Not sure they is any difference at base ISO OM5DII vs 111.   A few high
ISO shots from Raw looked sharper on 5DII but DPP was doing some NR
even with it turned off.  The new cam is a stop or so better as
expected, I believe.

Sony doesn't even list a FF cam now as A900 is discontinued .  Suppose
they want sell sensors first.
http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/

I'll admit to not understanding these companies one iota.

Powder dry, Mike