[OM] Wacom Intuos 5 and the mouse

Subject: [OM] Wacom Intuos 5 and the mouse
From: Paul Laughlin <pelaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 15:59:34 -0700
In case any one is interested in the new Wacom Intuos 5 Touch tablet---
I recently purchased one of the new Wacom Intuos 5 Touch tablets and
immediately had problems using the Touch thing.  It does not come with a
mouse and when I watched the demo on Photoshop User TV, the demonstrator
said, in answer to a question, that the mouse did not work with the
Intuos 5 Touch.  However, while going through the accessories list on
the Wacom page, I noticed that the 5 button mouse said that it was for
both the Intuos 4 and 5.  So, I took a chance and ordered one.  I am
happy to say that it works fine.  Kind of crazy, though, in that the
mouse was not shown in the properties thing until I set the mouse on the
tablet.  I guess they just want people to really give the Touch thing a
try.  Just doesn't work for me.  The pen works fine for me in Photoshop,
but need the mouse otherwise.  I will admit to using the mouse sometimes
in Photoshop, though. LOL
Paul in Portland OR