Re: [OM] (OT) Ramblings & Rumblings

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Ramblings & Rumblings
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 21:11:40 -0400
On Mar 22, 2012, at 1:52 PM, Ken Norton wrote:

> Would having an
> assistant address the concerns and leave you free to work on the
> creative arts side while the sales and printing side is handled by the
> assistant? This might work. But then again, it could sink you. Do you
> chop off everything at the knees and start over? I would do that ONLY
> if you've reached a point where you are ready to totally reinvent
> yourself and kill any synergies that are currently at your disposal.

No way an assistant could pay for itself. At least I don't think so, and I
don't really have the capital to give it a go. I think I'm pretty much stuck as
a one-man operation, so I have to decide how to keep that one man busy in
pursuit of his bliss.

Not ready to ditch it all, though truth to tell, while the Triumph and X-100
line was basically a throw away, I haven't actually trashed it yet. There's a
certain appeal. <g>

> I read the key statement from you where you are shooting what you know
> will sell. This is not artistic expression, this is production. You
> might as well shoot weddings and make real money.

As Dr Sheldon Cooper says on the Big Bang Theory, "Bazinga!" That's pretty much
it. But I'd rather sit at the cat box and eat turds than shoot weddings. I'm
just not that much of a people person. Really, as charming and easy-going as I
come across, I couldn't handle weddings. I'd go all postal on their stuck-up
asses. <g>

Good food for thought. Thanks.

Anyone know a bag company that makes a motorcycle tank bag that would hold a
small but complete DSLR kit? <g>

--Bob