Re: [OM] Photoshop CS6 - beta

Subject: Re: [OM] Photoshop CS6 - beta
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 15:40:21 -0400
I agree.  I have three versions of PhotoShop and two of Lightroom
installed (too lazy to take the old ones down I guess) and I've never
seen any strange interactions between them.  But when CS5 was installed
for some reason it didn't pick up and copy the third party "filters" I
had (things like Focus Magic).  I had to move them manually so I'm glad
I didn't uninstall until I had a chance to see how everything was working.

ps:  There's some neat stuff in CS6 and Windows XP is still supported.
The only downside is that CS6 has some performance enhancements in the
liquify command that require the use of a compatible GPU in your
graphics card.  Compatible or not the support is not there in XP which
is unfortunate since liquify is a real performance dog.  I've been using
liquify lately as it greatly improves the ladies' image on paper as
fitting their mental image of themselves.  I never tell anybody about it
and it's fairly subtle (maybe a 10% reduction in body width in selected
places) but is tends to elicit comments like: "Oh, that's a really great
picture of Joan!"  :-)

Chuck Norcutt