Re: [OM] Early spring flowers

Subject: Re: [OM] Early spring flowers
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 17:34:36 -0500
> I don't know how much is due to the OM5D,

Well, there is a little secret I've been withholding from the group.
I've been doing testing with the 5D for a while now. Also with a 5Dmk2
and 7D.

The 5D's dynamic range is VERY good. The ability to hold those details
and gradients in the high values is something pretty unique to the
original 5D. Highlight recovery works exceptionally well with it too.
However, ACR doesn't seem to pull the best out of that camera. Not
that ACR is bad--heaven forbid! But ACR is kinda like a $5 bottle of
Balsamic Vinegar. You can cook it down for a while and it will be just
fine, or you can just buy a better bottle and save yourself a lot of
grief.

AG