Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 11 March 2012: faces of the revolution

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 11 March 2012: faces of the revolution
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 21:56:04 -0700
On 3/13/2012 2:57 PM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
> There were demonstrations against the Rajoy government's labour market
> reforms in many Spanish cities on Sunday, including Alicante. The weather was
> nice, so I went in search of photo opportunities, knowing that revolutions in
> this country nowadays are good-natured and fun. I was not disappointed:
>
> http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=1748520587&k=hpFM6Bw&lb=1&s=XL
>
> This picture is a bit of an experiment, too. Taken with the M8, then
> processed on my iPad2 with Snapseed and uploaded to Smugmug using another
> iPad app. A bit of a dry run for next week when I am going to London and
> strongly considering NOT taking my laptop with me.

A nice capture of a small moment in a large context. I don't know about iPad
and Snapspeed, but it's not very sharp.
1/50 sec. should be enough for 35 mm on APS-H sensor, but only if held steady.
There's motion blur in the fixed
background, so it's in part operator error.

OTH, 1/50 isn't fast enough for close, moving people. There is additional
movement blurring in the young people. I still
keep my eye out for motion correction images and this one looked interesting.

I am impressed with what Focus Magic can do. This is far from a finished
product, just playful experiment. But I do
think if this were an important image, it could be greatly improved working
with the original.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Wajsman/2012_03_11.htm>

Focused Moose