[OM] 90/2 vs. 80/4 (was "IMG: An Occasional Flower on Friday - Jim

Subject: [OM] 90/2 vs. 80/4 (was "IMG: An Occasional Flower on Friday - Jim
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 18:48:24 -0400 (EDT)
I had my doubts that the rendering of the Z. 90/2 was worth the
substantial premium over the Viv S1 90mm that is very nice and goes 1:1
with little CA with the matched TC. I later saw some matched images
with each in a thread on FM. Even on web image could see the
"3D" ness of the Zuiko in these narrow dof shots. It was clearly nicer
though the resolution was discernibly no different. There were
sufficient examples to be convinced though the Viv S1 90mm isn't going
anywhere. That be said the Z. 80 is no slouch especially in CH's hands.

http://www.accura.com.hk/OM/OMC/80F4/80F4.html

Clearly optimized for closer to 1:1 though.

Mike