Re: [OM] Fw: IMG: Cirrus in B&W

Subject: Re: [OM] Fw: IMG: Cirrus in B&W
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 07:14:33 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

> >    But nearby there was a pristine Vivitar/Cosina Series
> > 1 28-105mm macro with a Minolta MD mount.  The orange
> > price tag said $30, and it was 50% off for that colour
> > tag.  So, $15 later it left with me.
> >
> >    I just finished modifying the aperture pin and testing
> > it briefly on the E-500.  At 28mm FL it will focus down
> > to less than 4cm.  That's really impressive, and tomorrow
> > it goes out for a thorough testing in the garden.
> >
> > Now all I need is a user's manual.
>
> Sounds like you got a bargain.  Show us some pics.

     Yes, it was a tremendous bargain.  I took some photos out in the garden
yesterday to see how flexible this amount of zoom and macro was.  I was going
to put those photos up into my PiCasa account, but after over an hour of effort
I came to learn that Google wiped out that account entirely.  My time is much
too valuable to waste chasing down each and every change that takes place, so
I'm simply not going to bother restoring the account nor go looking for an
alternative.  It was nice while it lasted.

     These past few months I've had more than my fair share of computer and
internet intrigue.  Yesterday Earthlink pulled the plug on their webmail for
four hours.  It had been failing progressively for weeks.  And eBay has
reformatted their pages once again, this time leaving the SEARCH button
inaccesible for Win98/SE (you have to do a RETURN in the keyword window) and
causing the advanced search page to scroll halfway down when it initializes in
Win/XP.

Chris