Re: [OM] IMG: N999MX

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: N999MX
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 15:40:38 -0600
> I received a couple of comments on a partial image of this airplane
> yesterday.  I thought it deserved a more complete image.  The Metro is a
> very efficient people hauler.

The Metro is a fascinating airplane. It's not very comfortable for the
passengers, and fully loaded it's a dog. But when you are the ONLY
passenger on the airplane and the pilots ask you if it's OK if they
try to get home a little quicker, you don't turn that opportunity
down.

With one passenger and light fuel, that thing climbs like a homesick
angel. My Cessna 172 would have stalled out and fallen out of the sky
if I tried a climb angle like that. Ditto for the MD80 which had me
and only one other passenger. If I was leaned back any more I'd expect
to have a dentist cleaning my teeth.

I learned not to put my bags in the overhead bin under these
circumstances. The flight angles are so aggressive when the planes are
empty that your bags will go sailing in them. I had a tripod actually
punch through the end of a bin on landing.

Still, the Metro is an amazing airplane. They are almost perfect for
hauling saugages, cheese wheels and round hay bales.

AG