Re: [OM] Friday flowering tree

Subject: Re: [OM] Friday flowering tree
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 11:19:28 +1300
Ken wrote>
> I've had a number of "Cibachromes" made through the years. Always have
> been impressed with the DMAX of them. In fact, I'd say that the ability to
> get inky blacks and seriously hard contrasts with all colors is the
> primary reason to use that technology. A well done glossy print has so
> much depth to them that you can almost step inside.

I've observed Cibachromes over the years, and I have to say I dislike them
almost to the point of detesting them. I would never willingly own one.

Their extreme contrast, exaggerated saturation, and exaggerated use of
black, ruined them for me.

OK, their main claim to fame was long life.
But what's the point of that if the quality is absent?

Brian Swale.