Re: [OM] Friday flowering tree

Subject: Re: [OM] Friday flowering tree
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 23:08:26 -0600
> Congrats on the house offer.  I doubt that the real estate market in
> Iowa looks like Florida or Las Vegas but I'm I think it's unlikely that
> it's booming.

It's a bit variable. Towns like Pella have a very strong real estate
market, but Grinnell, which was strong when we bought several years
ago has been tough. Lots of foreclosures here. Both interested parties
in our condo are move-ins. We've got two major employers in Grinnell
that continue to pull people in from around the world. Only now has
the inventory tightened up enough to get traffic on our place.

No, I really doubt I'll buy another house down in Creston. That
housing market really scares me. We just have to find a better rental
than the one we are currently in which is being foreclosed on and has
enough electrical mysteries to keep you awake at night wondering what
next is going to happen. That and the bats, the broken doorknobs and
the toilet that flushed out all over the floor. Oh, and the dead tree
looming over the driveway, the hot water tank which provides about
five minutes of water, the furnace which shakes the walls when it
turns on, the drafts from the massive gaps around the doors caused by
the house settling. Did I mention the recent settling which opened up
a gap in the wall large enough to stick your finger in? But it's only
$500 per month and roomy so we can't complain too much. It took us a
few days to find enough working electrical outlets to plug lights
into. I've been keeping the OM kit a bit diversified just in case.

AG