[OM] Good news on the Big-IS OM->EOS adapter

Subject: [OM] Good news on the Big-IS OM->EOS adapter
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 16:26:26 -0500
The Big-IS OM->EOS adapter arrived today.  I'm very pleased to say that
it... well, it fits the Vivitar S1 90/2.5 macro.  The Viv S1 90/2.5 is a
true test case because its flange is a bit thicker than any other OM
mount lens I've ever owned.  The Big-IS is only the second adapter I've
ever owned that I could say fits the Viv.  The first one I bought for
$100 when such adapters first became available and was the only other
one that fit.

To be sure it fits very snugly but it fits and slides fully into place
with a positive click on the release latch.  It does not have to be
jimmied into place while palpitating the release latch like the previous
one.

Does it work?  Dunno that yet.  I've been too busy on other stuff
because I'm retired.  :-)

Chuck ('tired again) Norcutt