[OM] MA assist software

Subject: [OM] MA assist software
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 16:52:06 -0500 (EST)
Hope I am not horning in on the olfactory thread, but thought I'd  move down
one cranial nerve.

You may recall this link from a few months ago.  One source of a disappointing
performing lens
is a unlucky bad match with the lens and cam samples from poor AF.

http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2011/10/notes-on-lens-and-camera-variation

There is a  microadjust AF on the newer cams but the correction with lens
allign or other technique  is tedious.
The software below was in beta in Dec.    Quickly revisited this issue on FM
and a number of  users  give it >4 lens caps.
One problem is with zooms as most cams only provide a global correction.  Most
bias the correction towards the longer FL
as dof  may hide the errors on the wider end.  The new flagship Canyon provides
for MA at both ends of a zoom--bet that will expand to other cams.  Canyon
should buy them out and include this with any "L" lens, IMO.
What d'ya think?

ttp://www.reikan.co.uk/focal/
http://youtu.be/PmVXNkhITXI

I asked the developer about its use to fine tune MA on chipped adapters.
No fuzzies unless desired, Mike