Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 8/2/2012: my daughter on her way to school

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 8/2/2012: my daughter on her way to school
From: Rick Beckrich <rbeckrich@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 10:14:59 -0500
Ahhh, Nathan... you just don't understand.

Here in the U.S. we don't want YOU to decide what is right for your child.
We - who at the same time, decry big government  - want to legislate the
protection of you and yours.

It no longer matters what YOU think. I expect it soon to be against the law
to enjoy that oldest of childhood pleasures - the challenge of sticking
your tongue against a frozen steel swing set.

Riding bikes and skating - on the streets - without helmets, hooking rides
on trucks, walking to school alongside the train tracks, and eating ice
from the back of the iceman's van. *Sigh... *Sometimes I wonder how I ever
lived to be this old.