Re: [OM] OM-D specs!

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-D specs!
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 07:40:08 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

> > I do like the little pop-up flash for portraiture.
> >
> > Seriously!
> >
> > What I do is have the pop-up flash set at a very low level and let the
> > off-camera flash do the bidding. The pop-up flash gives just a nice
> > little sparkle to the eyes and fills in the crevices in a person's
> > face a touch. I like how it brightens the eyes and teeth. It also
> > gives me a way of triggering the studio flashes if I'm not wanting to
> > use the radio triggers.
> >

> I agree with Ken on this, and find it interesting that this flash can
> angled so it can be bounced, which would make it a very effective small
> tool for what I do. (If I read the reviews correctly).

     I'm also intrigued with the FL-LM2 clip-on flash.  The low level (GN7 at
ISO 100) and tilting would be highly useful for what I do.  Is there any
information available for this by itself?  I'm curious to learn if it is
adjustable, like the popup flash on the E-5xx.

     Low-level flashes such as this are next to impossible to find, yet for
close-up work such as flowers and insects they are an essential accessory.
Until this, I could only find that level as a popup, so I'm very curious to see
if the FL-LM2 can be used with an extension cable so it can be used for fill-in
at close range.  Then I can leave the T-20s and the diffusers at home.

Chris