Re: [OM] OT: Snow, graves and a poet

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Snow, graves and a poet
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 21:32:32 -0600
> Indeed, many weather stations show little or no warming at all over a
> long period of time.  I just checked the maximum temperature records for
> the month of August for the Bihghamton, NY airport weather station which
> has only been been operating since 1951.  I was surprised to see that
> many of the August daily temperature records were set in 1955 or earlier.

The trends within the temperate zones have largely remained pretty
stable. But it's in the polar regions where the temperature change has
been more dramatic and more severe.

Our global climate system and ocean currents depend on a large
differentiation between polar regions and the tropics. Warming up the
polar regions lowers the temperature delta.

AG