Re: [OM] OT: Snow, graves and a poet

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Snow, graves and a poet
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 21:35:09 +0000
Thanks, Joel, that's a beautiful song.  And Henley poem (it's the last of 3
verses) was poignant because the grave was for his young daughter, buried at
the home of a friend away from the family home.  Then on the back of the
daughter's stone is the inscription for Henley and his wife, later.

Allegedly, the daughter was the inspiration for Wendy in Peter Pan, and Henley
the inspiration for Long John Silver in Treasure Island.

Cheers

Chris